Wednesday 24 November 2021

Alpha

 In this week's project task I worked some more on my prototype. I changed a lot since my game was similar to the first tutorial; however, the road is zigzag so I had to start all over again so I can work on the zigzag road and not the straight one that was included in the assets of unit 1. I got assets from the assets store to make a zigzag road and I added it to my prototype scene as long with the assets from unit 1 that I used for the car and the roadblocks. I now have everything ready but what I need to add the "game over" script which I am trying to figure out and to add the time that the car has to finish the race in. This is what I have so far, the truck is moving but when you play you have to slow down when taking turns because the car will flip and you will lose.

taken by me

3 comments:

  1. Hi Hanin. Your game looks really good from the screenshot in the blog. Off topic but the grass for your project looks incredible. The “grass” in my project is just a basic green plain 😅. On the topic of game over screens I believe of the Unity tutorials has the code to implement a game-over screen. It’s the one where you make a farmer jump to avoid obstacles. I think the concept for your game is unique. Instead of it being a traditional go as fast as you can racing game like GTA, it seems as though your game requires the player to drive safely. All the very best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hanin,

    I'm loving where you're going with this game. I love the grass texture and the hills around the area. It's simple but works really well and definitely gives you plenty of opportunity to polish off the mechanics of your game before you have to worry about adding more assets and detailed scripts. You're doing really well and I can't wait to see what your game looks and plays like :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hanin, I love how the game looks so far I especially like the terrain you made for the game. I also need to use terrain in my game and I feel it is a cool way to make the game look more realistic without just simple flat surfaces. Plus the hills give some life to the game. I like how when the car flips you get indicated that you lost the game as this adds some difficulty to the game. What if you were to add some type of objects on the road such as small rocks that if you crash into you also lose to add some more difficulty to the game. other than that the game looks great and I look forward to seeing the end product.

    ReplyDelete