Wednesday 27 April 2022

Project Progress: Presenting my game

    I can finally say that I have done the game and it is uploaded. I really enjoyed this course, especially the project tasks because it is the only task that I can enjoy myself in while designing a 2D game rather than researching and writing. My game is about a red hooded girl that is in the middle of the forest at night by herself. She is looking for some help but no one is around except some monsters that look like a wood from the tree. She discovered that she has a super power, which is throwing explosives; therefore, she used her power and started throwing explosives at them till they are all dead and she is safe now. The game is so simple and not complicated at all because when I try to add more codes and make it complicated, a lot of issues occur and it is hard to figure out the problem, so I try to make it as simple to enjoy it. I found it easy to design it because I followed a tutorial that helped with designing my game and writing the code. To play, press on the left and right arrow keys, the space bar to jump, and the ctrl button to throw explosives at the enemies. While designing the game, I struggled a bit with some errors that came across while coding and designing it in unity but I fixed every error at the end. After I finished designing the game and made sure that it works fine, I created a new project on itch.io and uploaded the game folder that I built from unity to itch.io. I built it as a web GL as well for anyone to play it online but when I tried uploading it to itch.io it was not working so I just uploaded the downloadable version. I am happy with what I have done and I hope that everyone who plays the game will enjoy it.

If you want to check out my game here's the link to download it:
https://haninsultan.itch.io/the-exploding-forest





No comments:

Post a Comment