Thursday 14 October 2021

Game Idea Research

 In this week's Project Task, I have decided to choose the racing car game idea I talked about in last week's blog post for the game brainstorming. The game I thought about designing is basically a truck moving through a street while avoiding the objects it passes by in a specific time given and the car can only move left and right and the player can use the space bar to stop the car and if the player hit a box or did not complete the race in the time being the game will be over and the player will lose the round. The first mechanic is that the truck should pass the street without hitting the boxes. The second mechanic is that there will be a time given to finish the race or the stage and if it ends before the player gets to the end of the race, the player will lose. The third mechanic is that the truck has to slow down whenever it has to move left or right to make a drift because if the truck turns away from the street, the player will lose.

Sources:

1. This You Tube link shows a racing car game that is similar to my game idea I want to design. It is about performing tasks in a specific amount of time.

https://youtu.be/azxraHJBoJ8

2. This link shows 20 different racing car games:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/best-racing-games-20261

Truck Racing Game


3 comments:

  1. Hi Hanin, I just finished reading you blog post about your game design idea. I think it is a really good idea have a game like this be the first one that you create as a designer, I am also looking to create a game that will be similar to yours except mine will be a side scrolling game. It will also have some of the mechanics that you say will be in your game. Have you thought about adding something like powerups that the player can drive into and it will give them a speed boost? or you can have a negative one where it will slow the player down or maybe one that gives the player an extra life, I am doing something like this for my game to try and make the game a bit more challenging to the user. I look forward to seeing how your game turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hanin, i really love your idea for your game, it seems super cool! There's also plenty of resources online like games like this to aid you through the process for your game. Have you considered colours or a layout for your game?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hanin, I really like your idea for your game. The blog post seems very good and it looks like you put a lot of work and research into it. I really like those types of driving games I feel like it is quite accessible to a wider audience. I like the aspect that the vehicle is a truck and not a car like usual.

    ReplyDelete