Friday 15 October 2021

Feedback Strategies

Articles:

1. The Difference Between Praise and Feedback 
2. How to Give Feedback Without Sounding Like a Jerk
3. How to get past negativity bias

The articles I have read were useful. I learnt that when giving feedback we should be careful of what we say and whatever we say it should be in a polite way and enthusiastic. The first article I chose was mentioned in it that when giving feedbacks to kids or praising them for what they did has to be with love and affection to make them feel appreciated. Instead of saying "good job", you can say "you are really good at what you do, you must be clever" and this way it makes want to learn more, have a growth mindset. In the other article, It mentioned that when giving feedback to someone with criticism it should be said in a way that encourages the person to exert more effort in what he/she and try harder in the future to become successful because if a negative feedback is given in a rude way, the person could feel upset, down, and never focus on becoming better or developing as the third article I chose from week 3 mentioned . I think giving feedback is important but we should be careful in how we say it because the person could be encouraged to learn more and put effort in the future to achieve his/her best or the person could be discouraged and never try to learn more and thinks he/she is never enough. In my school years, during a presentation I always ask my friends to give me feedback for how I spoke, what areas I need to improve, and if I presented well or not and they always tell me what things I was good in and what other things I need to improve; this encouraged me to improve my presentation skills and other areas I need to improve. I also did the same with my friends and always gave them feedback in what things they are good at and what not in a way that they feel they are doing well but need to put more effort in order to become successful. I will definitely be giving more feedbacks this year, especially in group projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment