Saturday 16 April 2022

Project Progress: Alpha and Beta testing and refinement

 In this week's project task, we were assigned to continue working on the game and get it done during the easter break to present our game on week 12. Last week, I worked a little bit on my game by adding the projectiles that are thrown at the enemies. I got it from the asset store for free like the characters, including the main character and the enemy. The nature I added as the ground and the block are also free from the asset store. I started creating scripts for the enemy, main character, the projectiles and the health bar for the enemies. This week, I added the enemy to the game scene and placed it in front of the red hooded girl so that when the game starts, the red hooded girl throws the projectiles at the enemy and the enemy can die. I also made the enemy die after five hits from the explosives and the health bar was added on top of the enemy so that when the main character starts throwing explosives at the enemy, the health bar will appear to know when the enemy is going to die. This game is easy to create but I struggled a bit while writing the code in the enemy and health bar scripts because some code weren't right but then I figured out what was wrong and fixed it. I still have one more error, which I do not get but it does not affect my game so I think I will just leave it. For next week, I will be adding the final things I need to finish the game with some final touches so that I can present my game early and not leave it till the last minute. I hope that the game turns out as I want it to be and that anyone who plays it, enjoys it.




No comments:

Post a Comment