Sunday 3 April 2022

Project Progress: 1st Playable

 In this week's project task, we were assigned to make our first playable, which is after the prototype. Last week, I started doing my first playable by adding the main character, the forest ground, the projectile that the red hooded girl will be shooting at the enemies, and an object so that the projectile would stop when it hits the rock. The game so far includes two scripts, a script for controlling the player and a script for the projectile so it can be shot at the enemies. The projectile was a free asset like everything I have included so far in the project. I added a rigid body to the objects and a 2D collider. 

To play the game, you can move the character left or right using the arrow keys, jump using the space bar, and shoot using the control key. I struggled at first in starting the game and getting the camera to fit the view of the scene and appear in game mode but I finally did it and everything works perfectly so far except for one thing. This one issue I have is that I can shoot at the left side but it does not let me shoot at the right side, which is weird and confusing. I can not figure out why, but I will keep going on till I figure this issue and hopefully I fix it. 

For the next few weeks and over the spring break, I will be adding the explosives to shoot at the enemies, the enemies themselves with the health bar on top of each enemy to know when they are going to die, and maybe I will add a nice background that fits the genre of the game like a dark, gloomy background. For the audio, I am thinking of adding music to it but not sure, so I will try it and if it fits I will keep it.


Image by me

No comments:

Post a Comment