Tuesday 16 November 2021

First Playable

 In this week's prototype, I focused more on the scripts and making the Truck move instead of just trying to add good visuals and colors. I followed unit 1 in the unity tutorials we did in the first couple of weeks since unit one is pretty much similar to my game. I added the scripts, which are the Follow Player and the Player Controller. The Truck moves forward with the "W" key and left and right using the arrow keys. I added also the roadblocks; however, I am having difficulties in getting them to work as I want because I want them to block the car by staying in their place but when I start the game they just disappear. This is how my game looks so far nothing was changed from last week except I just added these rocks.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Hanin,

    Your game is looking great so far. Im excited to see where your development of your game leads over the next coming weeks from the other weekly assignments. I see you have put your focus on making the scripts for the truck be in a functioning order first and I think that's a great Idea, Im doing something the same my self. I am more so trying to make the scripts work then start on fancy level design later on down the road if I have time to. Wishing you all the best of luck with your game,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hanin,
    I should have done that I spent super long trying to make pretty mountains 💀. I also looked back to that tutorial as I felt like the Player Controller script and Follow Player script are very useful. The “W” key is the best mechanism to use for games in my opinion. I had a problem with that too and I suggest to use prefabs if they are an asset.

    ReplyDelete