Saturday 20 November 2021

Week 9 Reading and Writing

 So far, the reading and writing assignments are working perfect for me since the reading tasks we do are instead of the lecture; therefore, they are beneficial and useful for us and for designing the game because without them, we would be lost and have no idea what to do for the game when designing and creating it in unity. They are also helpful because they mention the mechanics and everything that we need to consider when designing the game. All the week’s readings were quite beneficial as I mentioned before; however, my favorite one so far is the “games Fun” Reading. I enjoyed reading it because I didn’t know how important to include fun in the game to make the player engaged and involved in the game rather than being boring and not challenging. The notes I take each week for the reading tasks are helping me through my journey of designing the game because without these notes and the blog posts I would forget what is important and what needs to be included when designing the game. I discovered various research methods from these tasks because after each reading blog post we must include three resource links that are helpful and include the same topic that was mentioned in the reading articles we read. My game project so far is going great; however, I struggled a little bit at first when trying to figure out the game I want to design and when designing the game in unity. Unity is complicated and hard to understand but with the tutorials we have been doing each week, they made it easier to understand unity and know how it works. I added the essential objects and assets I need for starting my game in unity and also added the scripts I need to make it work as I need it to be however, I still have things that I need to alter and include in the script as well as the layout of the game. My game works as I want it to work except that the obstacles I included aren’t working as I need them to be, and I am trying to figure out the issue but couldn’t find it till now but hopefully I will be able to in the next few weeks before finishing the game. I used the help of the first unity tutorial since my game is like unit 1, which is a truck moving in a street carrying boxes, trying to avoid roadblocks, and trying to reach the finish line in 60 seconds. The only difference is that the street is zigzag and not straight. This class has been so fun, and I really enjoyed it in learning all these things about designing a game and becoming a game designer.  The tasks I enjoyed the most are the extra credit tasks because I think it is really entertaining and important to learn a lot of other things next to our course. I am happy with what I accomplished so far in this course especially my game idea and that I am excited to see how will it turn out to be.

Prototyping

This is my favorite image from week 4 reading task that was talking about the game elements and how it is important when designing the game to draw or design it using paper and start to test it in real life because this is how the designer will know if it's going to be a good game that is fun and challenging to the players. It is an essential step when designing the game that helps with developing the idea.

I think that what we are doing is enough for the reading tasks but if there is something that would make the reading tasks a lot more useful is by adding short videos instead of just one and just one reading article that is easy to read.

3 comments:

  1. hey Hanin girl I love reading your blogs, you always seem so on top of things and have your blog life together hahaha. I love the layout of it too it fits your personality. I totally agree with you unity is so difficult i have only recently been able to get back on track with it, in saying that the tutorials are helpful with out game project too. The extra credit tasks are my favourite too they are a lot more fun than the rest of the tasks which is a nice way to end the week. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hanin, I'm really enjoying going through your blog. The aesthetic alone is everything. It's obvious you put so much work into this module and it's really nice to see, it seems like you're enjoying it. I'm the same as you that Unity was so hard but thank god for the tutorials as they are quite helpful. Sometimes it feels like I'll never get it to work though. As well I second your idea for the videos in the reading tasks. These always help me as I find the reading a bit hard so the videos give me a quick run down first. Nice to see I'm not alone. Cant wait to read more on your blog. Kev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Hanin,
    I can see that you were working perfectly flying on the reading tasks I think they are also like the easy Paris to do and I see you discovered new research methods from these tasks say so do I basically the reading tasks helped my develop the game I'm working on and trying to find time when I have free time I try to find the best solution to when to watch YouTube videos and tutorials also unity tutorials try to have like time management I can see you also like extra credit tasks dare everybody's favourite cool image you put.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete