Saturday 9 October 2021

Game Brainstorm

 I searched for games that I would like to create from scratch and what they are going to be about.

The first game is basically a shooting game. It is about a spaceship shooting aliens coming from space and if the aliens approach the spaceship without being shot, the player will lose. I find this game interesting since I am sure that everyone played it when they were kids. I always loved playing shooting games with my cousins and games that are similar to the game I want to create that is why I thought about this one that it would be simple and a good game to create because it is fun and not hard to play; however, the player has to be fast and never slow in order to kill the aliens because they move fast. The spaceship that the player will be shooting with and aiming at the aliens can move left and right to aim correctly at the aliens and kill them one by one and there will be levels. There are 5 levels; the first level will obviously be the easiest and the fifth level will be the hardest since the aliens will move faster and faster each level the player passes or wins; moreover, the player needs to move left and right faster to shoot the aliens and win the game while being surrounded by asteroids and planets. Playing it a lot when I was a kid made me remember my childhood memories when I always get excited to play it with my family and cousins because it is fun and we enjoyed our time playing it and that is the reason why it was one of the games that I thought about and crossed my mind immediately; therefore, I decided to search about it and think about what is it going to be like, what are the players going to play, and how many levels they are playing. Here's a link for the a YouTube video I saw that is similar to the game:

The second game is about a snake moving constantly non-stop around a board to eat fruits. This game is simple but tricky at the same time because what the player has to do is keep moving throughout the board the whole time to eat every fruit and for every fruit the snake eats or catches, it will grow in length so if the head of the snake hits its body while moving, the game is over. There are also going to be walls around the board that shape like a square and if the snake hits it, the player will lose the game. I had my first phone, which was a Samsung phone that we could only make phone calls on it and there were these 4 games that every phone had it at that time so I always played the snake game, which is like the one I described but it was a lot harder playing it on a phone and complicated than playing it on a computer or an iPad. I also used to play it on my grandparents phone even before I had my own phone. I feel like everyone would like to play this game also it is one of the easiest games that was made in the history of games and also players can play together and have fun. I would be interested in knowing how this game would turn out if I chose this to be the game that I will create from scratch using unity for this project because I will definitely enjoy my time creating it and hope it turns out as I want and as I described. Also, there are a lot of similar games I found that describe this game I talked about while thinking about it but I found one article that describes the game perfectly and here it is:
This next game I am really excited to talk about and has a lot of benefits and it is a puzzle game. It is one of my favorite games ever since I was 7 years old. I played this game in real life not on a computer or like a video game. I always saved money and buy a board puzzle that contains 500-1000 puzzle pieces each month so I can spend the whole entire month doing it and putting the pieces together to create the shape I am supposed to create. It is an exciting and intriguing mind game, which I love because you have to think a lot to know which piece will fit in that place and you might mess up many times but then when you finish it eventually, you feel like a successful person and that you did something on your own, which is an accomplishment. When I start with the puzzle, I have to keep going and can't stop even if I pass my bed time because it is so addicting and intense. The game I thought about creating is that there will be different puzzle boards to choose from with different levels of hardness and each puzzle contains 100 pieces because I think that more than 100 pieces is hard to do as a video game so 100 is the ideal number of pieces. The shapes will differ from one puzzle to another and there is time you have to finish the puzzle in but if the player did not finish it in the time given, the game is over and the player loses. Also, solving puzzle games is satisfying because I really enjoy playing mind games. There is different types of puzzle games, including memory games, crossword games, and jigsaw puzzles. Here's an article that talks about jigsaw puzzles that I found while researching:
The last game I will be talking about is a racing car game. I have always and still play racing car games. The game I play a lot is called "Need for Speed". This is the one I mentioned in my favorite game blog post last week. I play it on PlayStation with my brothers a lot to the extent that we did not realize how much time has passed since we played it for hours and hours non-stop. It is basically a racing video game where you have to finish tasks and get them done as fast as possible before the rest of the players so you can win and approach the last lap before the others but without breaking any law or rules. The game I thought about is that a car will be moving beside another car, so a player is racing in the given time and mid way through the race, the player has to pick up boxes and then continue to the finish line without making the boxes fall. I also used to play a lot of parking games on my mobile. I love playing everything related to cars whether racing or parking. This game will include levels and every level the player wins, the next level will include more boxes to collect before the finish line. These games really fill your free time and you can play it whenever without getting bored. I think everyone would love this game since it is a game that is very popular and everyone plays these racing car games everywhere. You also can find racing car games in the arcade games and carnival games. I researched about racing car games and here are some links that I will add to show you how this game will look like and other similar racing car games:

3 comments:

  1. Hey Hanin,

    I really liked reading your ideas and thoughts for your game design. I think you have a really solid foundation of ideas that you can build on and develop over the next few weeks.
    I used to be addicted to a game called Slither.io that's very similar to the snake game you wrote about!
    I'm sure you're going to create an awesome game based off these ideas and I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hanin,
    You have some good ideas there for your game! I would say that you haven’t really thought about 3d games. All of these games seem to be 2d orientated. Our project states that it has to be 3d so you might want to reconsider that you want to do. Then again, I could be wrong! Ask around maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hanin, I like all of your ideas, the snack game was one of my childhood favourites and I would play it all the time. I think the car game is great and it will definately be successful because car games are addicting and fun to play. How would you implement music into this game ? It would be fun to play with some music in the background and once you hit a box there could be a sound effect as well. What if you could add a colour picker at the side so that people could choose a different colour for their car. I think that would work great. I enjoyed reading all of your ideas and I think they are great and I wish all the best in your project ! I will definately be playing any of these games that you pick .

    ReplyDelete