Friday 1 April 2022

Project Progress

 In this week's project task, we are assigned to start with our 2d game and make the first prototype of it. I started with following tutorials on YouTube that will help in creating and designing the game. I imported the assets from the asset store, which were free to use. I had the nature asset to create the ground for the characters and different characters that I will use for the main character as the red hooded girl and the enemies that the girl will be fighting and throwing explosives at them. I started duplicating the forest ground to make them align together and in a straight line. For the characters, I just added the main character, which is the red hooded girl. I then created a script for the protagonist and started adding some codes to make it move left and right using the arrow keys and also code to be able to jump using the space bar so that whenever there is an enemy behind a rock or an obstacle, you can jump to reach him and throw the explosives.

The next step is to start adding the enemies with their health bars that will appear on top of them while shooting explosives at them so as to know when they are going to die. The other thing I will be adding is the explosives that the protagonist will throw at the enemies with sound effects.

I am really feeling happy about this game and more confident than the last semester because 2d is way easier and straightforward than the 3d game that we had to do last semester, so hopefully this turns out as I am imagining it and everyone can enjoy playing it after it is published. Here's the game so far, I did not do as much like I mentioned above but I will be adding characters and objects for next week's task.




No comments:

Post a Comment