Monday 7 February 2022

Tutorial 02

 In this week's tutorial, I have understood how to add colliders, rigid bodies, and ho to decorate the tiles. Last semester I knew how to add these components but I did not know that there was the same components but one for the 3D games and others for the 2D games. I was following the instructions and everything was good until when I came to the last step and Ruby disappeared. I tried figuring out the issue but couldn't fox anything so I'm still trying to see what caused this problem and hopefully I will be able to know it by myself. I had also a small issue that was different from the instructions and it was Ruby's speed while in play mode. In my game, Ruby was so fast; however in the instructions it says that Ruby is supposed to be moving slow even though I followed the steps and the speed in the script was three as it was written in the instructions. Before next week's tutorial, I will try to figure out what was going on with Ruby in my game and fix it before starting the next tutorial because I am sure if I didn't fix the issues I have, the things I will be adding and changing would possibly ruin the entire game and it will crash but hopefully is doesn't.

Image by me

1 comment:

  1. Hey Hanin,
    My Ruby disappears aswell 😭 I was painting the tiles and now she’s gone. Rubys speed should have been changed to a slower pace before the tile map steps at the beginning so maybe look into it there? I recommend YouTube videos if you want to fix your game that helped me finally pass a stage I was stuck on for a week.

    ReplyDelete